Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mid-May!

I can't believe that it is already Mid-May! The year seems to be flying by. My son is counting the days until school ends. 8 1/2 to be precise. He has a HUGE History project due on the Civil War the end of this week and is having such a hard time focusing on it with the end of school right around the corner. He has about half the stuff done with it, but needs to really push himself to finish the rest.


I haven't done any stitching this week. It was a long week with work and not feeling well. I really struggled with headaches this week. Not fun. I tried picking up my stitching once or twice, but I would just pick it up, look at it and then put it back down. Oh, well. I did see this cute new design by Little House Needleworks called "The Rain Fell". It makes me think of April and Spring. I've added it to my Wish List, but who knows how long it will be before I actually purchase it.


The SBQ this week is:


Which of these do you prefer to use when stitching? Why? Hoop, Q-snap, Laptop/Tabletop stand, Needlework stand


I prefer a Q-snap. Easy to use, sturdy, doesn't mark the fabric as much as a hoop, keeps the fabric taught, etc. I've used a Laptop type stand before, but didn't really like it. I stitch in hand if the project is really small, but my hand starts to cramp up after a while, so I don't really like it.


Until next time.

4 comments:

imnverted said...

I started out using hoops, then went to a stand-type arraingment and now I stitch free hand.

Jennifer said...

I used to stitch with hoops but switched to scroll frames, which I like much better for most projects. I do still use a small hoop occasionally when I'm working on a smaller project - like you, my hand cramps up whenever I try to stitch in hand.

Von said...

Hi JRae, I do hope your headaches disappear soon so you can do some stitching again.

You asked about the Amour freebie on my blog and if you send me your email address I can send a copy to you. I'm having a hard time finding a link to it online, so it may have been pulled. :)
vondalee@gmail.com

Von said...

Ah ha! Just found it. :D
http://users.skynet.be/bk236098/CARINNE/G_surpriseCreatrices.htm