Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Birthday, Adam!


Well...today my son turns 12!

That just seems so hard to believe. He's no longer that tiny 5 lb. 10 oz. baby we had. He's now almost as big as I am! Where did the time go? It really makes me think of that song by John Lennon "Beautiful Boy". If you haven't heard the song and have a son, you must hear it. (get a hankie!)

Anyhow...Happy Birthday, my beautiful boy!


Adam...16 days old

As for other news...not much stitching done this week at all. Did work a little on "Peter's Cotton Knits" by Raise the Roof. I had started it last year, but haven't worked on it since summer. I guess I am about half way through with it. Worked a little on "Holiday Express". Would like to work on a couple of Valentine's things. Hmmmm...need to dig through my stash and see what I have.

My cough is still wanting to linger. I feel OK, just still really tired. I've been taking Mucinex. It really works with the cough. But, just when I think the cough is finally gone and quit taking it, 24 hours later it comes back. UGH!!! It's been over 2 weeks now and I am ready for this to be gone.

Goals for 2006:

  1. Holiday Express by Stardust - finish it!
  2. Peter's Cotton Knits by Raise the Roof - finish it!
  3. Eekology byThe Trilogy - finish it!
  4. Trick or Treat by The Cricket Collect - find and finish it! (now where did I put that?)
  5. Name tree for my hubby by M Designs
  6. Old Glory by Shepherd's Bush
  7. Nautical Fence by Raise the Roof
  8. Winter Snapperland by Bent Creek
  9. Believe kit by Shepherd's bush
  10. Lizzie Kate Blessings of Christmas flip-it ornaments - finish them!

We'll see what I can get done, but there are 10 goals I have set for myself.

7 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

Happy Birthday to Adam!! Wow it is hard to believe your son is 12 after seeing this great picture!! Thank you for your nice comment to my blog! Please stop by again!! Have a real Happy New Year! Debby

Name: Vicki said...

I lost my son in an auto accident almost 2 years ago. I told every parent at the funeral to hug their children every day and tell them how much they love them. You never know when it might be the last time you get to. Happily, my 6'3" 18-year-old son would give me a hug and endure my kisses every time he left the house. I miss him! Cherish every moment you have with your son!

Sharon said...

Hi Jinger, tell your son happy birthday! Your goals look very workable-I think you will finish a lot. Happy new year to you!

CindyMae said...

Happy Birthday to your son!!! They grow up so fast it is scary!!! My daughter will be 12 this year! EEEEKKK He was a gorgeous little baby!!

Dawn B. said...

Happy New year & thanks for visiting my blog. I will visit here again.

Meari said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Adam. What a cute baby pic. They do grow up fast, don't they?

Leeland said...

This beautiful baby must have turned out a very handsome young boy! My son is 11 and almost as tall as I am (and I'm a tall woman!)... Kids grow up so fast...
Take care!