Friday, August 04, 2006

Reading disappointments, summer heat and stitching

Have you ever read a book where something suddenly happens in the book that you never saw coming? Or where problems occur in the book, but are never brought up again or resolved in any way? That just happened in a book I was reading last night. Talk about ruining a decent book. One of the main characters suddenly commits suicide. It was just out of nowhere for me. And then it was quickly brushed under the rug, as were several other incidents in the book. Talk about disappointing.

The summer is coming to an end here with school starting soon. My son is not too happy about that. School is not his favorite thing. Hopefully he will have a much better school year this year than he did last year. We have spent a lot of time indoors lately with the heat blazing like it is. So glad we have A/C!!!!

I slept soooooooooooo lousy last night. Kept tossing and turning, couldn't get comfortable, my back was killing me, etc. I finally got up near 3:00 and got some Tylenol PM. It worked great and I was finally able to sleept, but did not want to get up this morning, of course. :-)

I've been working on the Pocket Sampler: Baby by Heart in Hand. Actually I should say I have been working on two of them. I have one finished with everything, but the date the baby will be born and the other I am about 1/3 of the way through with. Once they are completely done I will post a picture. Not too much other stitching done lately. No more stitching on the Train accomplished. One day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I agree with the "book thing" and feel the same way about movies. I watched a movie last week that had a scene in it (a rather lengthy one) that had nothing at all to do with the movie. Things have to tie in and make sense for me to really enjoy it. I looked at some of your stitching on your blog, I love Heirloom Sampler and the fact that you made so many changes to make it fit your taste. I love to do that :)