Monday, May 04, 2015

The Best of Intentions

I have had the best of intentions regarding my blogging, but, it just has not happened.  But, after several LONG months I am finally back!  I at least have a few things to show you for my long absense.  :-)
First I have two ornaments I stitched for my RR friends:



Designer:  The Prairie Schooler
Title:  St. Nicholas II (Book No. 36)
Fabric:  Stitched over 1 on a scrap of blueish gray 32 ct linen
Color changes: 
B5200 in place of white
304 in place of 221
758 in place of 356
754 in place of 407
367 in place of 501
369 in place of 503
739 in place of 738
839 in place of 844
630 in place of 869


Title:  Nordic Holiday (Book No. 191)
Designer:  The Prairie Schooler
Fabric:  Stitched over 1 on a scrap of white 32 ct linen



I also managed to get a few pieces "finished" that had been hanging in my back closet for quite some time.  

First up, 3 RR pieces:


2009 RR piece
Title:  Quaker Style Friendship Sampler
Designer:  Samplers and Such
Fabric:  32 ct Heather by Picture This Plus
Thread:  Aged Plum by Silk 'n Colors
Stitched with: Clare, Marti, Deb, Lynda & Sharyn
Finishing:  Pillow by my friend Sherri


2010 RR piece
Title:  The Hunt
Designer:  Homespun Samplar
Fabric:  coffee dyed 28 ct monaco
Threads:  Carrie's Creations 
Grid - Navy Blues
Medallions in Grid - Pacific Blue
Wreath - Sea Mist
Ribbon - Ocean Blue
Alphabet - Teal Mist
Diamonds Between Letters - Baja Blue
Initials & Year - Navy
Stitched with: Clare & Lynda
Finishing:  Pillow by my friend Sherri (I need to find larger pillow form for this)


2012 RR piece(2012-2014)
Title:  Beneath the Sunlit Sky
Designer:  Blackbird Designs - Loose Feathers
Fabric:  28 ct Celadon
The frame is a golden color (like the star bursts), but has blueish/gray in it as well.  
This did not photograph well.  It is much prettier in person.



Now, for a fun stitch that is not an RR piece:


Title:  Warm Water Wash
Designer:  Raise the Roof
Fabric:  28 ct Zephyr by Picture This Plus
Changes:  
  • Several Color Changes (sand, basket, bucket, center of sun & clothesline)
  • Made bucket & shovel smaller (shovel is stitched over one)
  • Used a free pattern for the sandcastle (with a couple minor changes there)
  • Added some different buttons & changed placement of others

What I am currently stitching on:

  • Country Cottage Needleworks Santa's Village - doing 5 of these for stockings (they will be on the cuff of the stocking) for my niece and her family.  I am on the 2nd one of the 5.
  • RR with my friend Clare - stitching Pumpkin Farm by Blackbird Designs. 
  • First few stitches on Christmas Wishes by Mirabilia.  (my new big project)
  • Thine is the Trick and the Treat SAL w/my friend Sharon.  Very little done on this.  
I have gone on a bit of a stash haul over the last year and am trying to put the brakes on that.  I don't know when I will ever have the time to stitch all that I have.  I think it is beyond time to weed out some very old patterns that I know I will never stitch.  That is on my To Do List for this summer/fall.  

I am WAY late doing this, but, here are my end of year movie thoughts from 2014:

Year End Movie Thoughts 2014:

Favorites:
  • Hunger Games - Mockingjay - Part I
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier
  • Big Hero 6
  • The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies
  • X-Men:  Days of Future Past
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2
  • The Fault in Our Stars
  • Unbroken
Honorable Mentions:
  • Divergent
  • If I Stay
  • The Giver
  • Planes: Fire & Rescue
  • When The Game Stands Tall
Disappointments:
  • Penguins of Madagascar

Movie thoughts thus far in 2015:

  • Cinderella - I LOVED this movie!  I loved the colors, the costumes, the casting, the beauty of it,  just ALL of it!  Plus, I felt there were definite nods to the classic animated Cinderella as well.  I have already purchased Cinderella Sampler and will use colors from this movie as my inspiration on it.  
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron - really enjoyed this!  If you enjoy the Marvel movies, then you will enjoy this one.  
  • The Divergent Series: Insergent - I did not like this movie at all!!!  It was sooooooo different from the book.  I felt like there was a narrative being driven based on something the author posted after the last book that was completely different from the books themselves.  I already knew that I would not be seeing the last movie (movies, since they are dividing it in two) based on my dislike of the last book (not just the ending, but, the book as an entirety), but, this absolutely confirmed it.  
  • The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - enjoyable.  I can't say I liked it as much as the first, but, I did really like it.  The ending was good, but, was sadder than I was expecting.
Movies I am looking forward to in the remainder of 2015:

  • Jurassic World
  • Inside Out
  • Paper Towns
  • Maze Runner:  The Scorch Trials
  • Hotel Transylvania 2
  • Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Until next time!
  

No comments: