I have been
Designer: Passione Ricamo
Design: Letter "A" (used to be a free chart, but, no longer on their website)
Fabric: 28 ct White linen
Thread: Silk 'n Colors Fairy Rose (using 1 strand)
I did get back my RR piece (that I posted about in May of 2012) in December. I only had to finish the side flower border and do the fan type flowers and I was done. It took me a few months to get to it, but, here it is:
Designer: Blackbird Designs - Loose Feathers
Design: Beneath the Sunlit Sky
Fabric: 28 ct Celadon
Changes: changed the area around the year a bit. That's it, I think
This year seems to be full of obligation stitching. That is not necessarily a complaint, but, I definitely look forward to getting back to more relaxing stitching for me. I have already kitted up my next "big" project. It is not as daunting as my train project, but, I will surprise you with the reveal at the beginning of next year.
Speaking of my train...it is being sent off to the fabulous Jill Rensel for framing this month. I hope to have it back by Thanksgiving. We have been in email communication and I am very excited about it. I will be sending the aforementioned birth sampler with it, so I better get on a move on with that project!
Recent Movie Thoughts
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Loved it!!! Enough said.
- The Amazing Spider Man 2 - Really enjoyed it. I can't say I liked it as much as the 1st one, but, I love Peter and Gwen's relationship and just the tone, pacing and acting of these Spider Man movies better than the previous Tobey Maguire ones. (though I enjoyed those as well)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past - Loved it! I have had a few say they got a little lost with the time travel and trying to match the consistency with the other movies, but, I thoroughly enjoyed it. You just can't over analyze it all. Thought the ending was great, we saw some old favorites.
- Divergent - I really enjoyed this and thought it was fairly faithful to the book. However, having read the rest of the series and being very unhappy with the last book as a whole and the ending entirely, I am not sure if I will see the rest of the series. Still debating on that.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 - I loved this movie! This is a great series.
- The Fault in Our Stars - this movie was so, so good! I thought it was one of the best book to film adaptations. Yes, there were a couple things left out and a minor change here or there, but, just fabulous book to movie adaptation here. (that is not always easy to do, some things have to go) I boo-hooed through this movie. Like seriously!