Sunday, July 06, 2014

Summertime!

Well, here it is summertime and I haven't posted in months!  Where did the time go?!  I wish I could say I had tons of stitching to show you, but, I don't.  Sad, I know.

I have been busily slowly stitching on a birth sampler type piece for my niece's 2nd baby (she turns a year in August).  I am about 3/4 of the way through it and hope to have it done before long. Here is a pic of my progress:



Designer:  Passione Ricamo
Design:  Letter "A" (used to be a free chart, but, no longer on their website)
Fabric:  28 ct White linen
Thread:  Silk 'n Colors Fairy Rose (using 1 strand)


I did get back my RR piece (that I posted about in May of 2012) in December.  I only had to finish the side flower border and do the fan type flowers and I was done.  It took me a few months to get to it, but, here it is:  


Designer:  Blackbird Designs - Loose Feathers
Design:  Beneath the Sunlit Sky
Fabric:  28 ct Celadon 
Changes:   changed the area around the year a bit.  That's it, I think


This year seems to be full of obligation stitching.  That is not necessarily a complaint, but, I definitely look forward to getting back to more relaxing stitching for me.  I have already kitted up my next "big" project.  It is not as daunting as my train project, but, I will surprise you with the reveal at the beginning of next year.

Speaking of my train...it is being sent off to the fabulous Jill Rensel for framing this month.  I hope to have it back by Thanksgiving.  We have been in email communication and I am very excited about it.   I will be sending the aforementioned birth sampler with it, so I better get on a move on with that  project!

Recent Movie Thoughts

  • Captain America:  The Winter Soldier - Loved it!!!  Enough said.
  • The Amazing Spider Man 2 - Really enjoyed it.  I can't say I liked it as much as the 1st one, but, I love Peter and Gwen's relationship and just the tone, pacing and acting of these Spider Man movies better than the previous Tobey Maguire ones.  (though I enjoyed those as well)
  • X-Men:  Days of Future Past - Loved it!  I have had a few say they got a little lost with the time travel and trying to match the consistency with the other movies, but, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  You just can't over analyze it all.  Thought the ending was great, we saw some old favorites.
  • Divergent - I really enjoyed this and thought it was fairly faithful to the book.  However, having read the rest of the series and being very unhappy with the last book as a whole and the ending entirely, I am not sure if I will see the rest of the series.  Still debating on that.
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2 - I loved this movie!  This is a great series.
  • The Fault in Our Stars - this movie was so, so good!  I thought it was one of the best book to film adaptations.  Yes, there were a couple things left out and a minor change here or there, but, just fabulous book to movie adaptation here.  (that is not always easy to do, some things have to go)  I boo-hooed through this movie.  Like seriously! 
 So, that is what is happening in my corner of the world.  Hope to be back before too long.

No comments: