Saturday, January 31, 2009

A New Start, A Round Robin and A Train Update!

Life has been beyond busy with work for me this month, so I haven't done much stitching. The last 2 weeks the stitching has been completely non existent. However, here is what I have done since Christmas:

A New Start:

my niece is getting married in April and I am doing "F" from M Designs Celtic Alphabet series.

Stitched on 32 ct. Sterling by Picture this Plus
using Ink Black by Thread Gatherer Silk 'n Colors


A Round Robin:

I have entered into my first ever Round Robin!
We are stitching Quaker Friendship Sampler by Samplers & Such. Here is what I have stitched for Sharyn thus far. She did the wreath part with initials and date and I have done the tiny little vine design to the left of it. Not much, but it's a start. Not sure what fabric she is using, but the threads are Bing Cherry by Crescent Colours. Very pretty thread choice!

Now that I have been stitching on Sharyn's piece it is making me doubt my thread choice. Anyhow...I chose Aged Plum by Thread Gatherer Silk 'n Colors. It is being stitched on 32 ct Heather by Picture this Plus. You can check out the picture here of my choices on our blog. While I do like the thread and the fabric and know that ultimately I will like it, I generally tend to go towards either dark reds (like Sharyn's Bing Cherry above) or toward turquoise colors. Not sure why I didn't go that direction. I guess that is just the color that struck me when I was at the store looking, but I hate second guessing myself. Frustrating!

Finally a Train update:

Sorry folks, it still isn't finished! You can't be as frustrated as I am about that, trust me! I am trying not to beat myself up for not getting it finished in December and now not getting it finished in January, but life just throws challenges in the way sometimes and things just don't get done! I'm sure you know what I mean! Anyhow...here it is!

Hope to get a lot stitched on it during the Super Bowl this weekend. Will give an update pic again next week.

Hope everyone is staying warm and getting lots of stitching done!

12 comments:

Donna said...

The train is still looking great!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW these are beautiful.

Yoyo said...

I hate that you are frustrated with the time the train is taking, but I'm sure enjoying watching the progress, you can take heart from that. The wedding piece is lovely.

Carolyn NC said...

Dont' beat yourself up over train - it looks great & you're still stitching on it! That's always a good thing. I personally love the thought of the Aged Plum - sounds gorgeous. RR should be wonderful.
Don't you love those Celtic letters from M Designs?!
Wonderful stitching!
PS - love your blog background!

Clare said...

Each stich you add to your Train is a stitch nearer completion - so don't be too disheartened that it isn't quite finished. You'll get there soon.

Clare

Sharon said...

Hi Jinger, you have got some great projects going here. I like the sound of the colors for your RR.

Kathy A. said...

Your stitching is beautiful. You have made great progress on the train. Don't despair. It will be done when the time is right

Meari said...

I think your train is coming along just fine. Nice work on your newest WIP.

Stitchingranny said...

I have just found your blog and what lovely stitching. I love the winter scene you are doing it is not one I have seen before.

Wendy said...

The train is really looking great! I love it! Nice new start also!

CindyMae said...

Great start on both pieces you recently started. I just love the train scene. That is just gorgeous and I can not wait to see even more of it!

Lelia said...

Your stitching projects are just lovely. Don't fret the train WIP -- it is awesome & will be finished when it is finished : )

Have a great week-end