Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bride's Tree Stitching Catch Up!

Life has been very busy. Since I am a bookkeeper...needless to say I was slammed the week of the 15th! The few days after that was spent clearing up accounts, etc. That weekend I had company fly in. They just flew out this morning. We did some local tourist stuff, watched movies and played board games. One good thing about the last two things...I got a lot of stitching accomplished during all of this. I've finally caught up on my Bride's Tree Stitch-a-Long! My train didn't get touched, but...at least I did some stitching!

Here are my results: (forgive me for not ironing them first)

For February:

Title: Noel Heart freebie by Passione Ricamo (my take on pattern)
Stitched on: 28 ct. ivory evenweave
Threads used: DMC & Green Leaves Light by Thread Gatherer Silk 'n Colors
Beads used: Mill Hill Antique Glass Beads Rich Red (03059) and Petite Glass Beads Gold (40557)



For March:

Title: Poinsettia Basket by Brightneedle (from Small Samplings booklet)
Stitched on: 28 ct. ivory linen
Threads used: DMC, Sable by Caron Collection Wildflowers, and In the Reds by Thread Gatherer Silk 'n Colors
Beads used: Mill Hill Frosted Glass Beads Buttercup (62041)






For April:

Title: Snow Bunny by Hob Nobb
Stitched on: 16 ct. Stardust Heatherfield
Threads used: DMC & WDW









I also stitched on a second set of ornaments for the Bride's Tree series and have finished January and February so far for it. (My nephew is getting married next year and it is for him and his bride.) I am almost finished with the March one for his series. I will post a picture of them on my next posting.

Also...stitching group Question of the Week:

What is your quilty pleasure?

Hmmmmm...not really sure. I have about 10 dark chocolate M&Ms a day! Does that count?!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Jinger! You have been busy! Your bride's tree ornament's look beautiful! I can't wait to see what the second set look like!

mainely stitching said...

Wow, your finishes are GREAT! If I were a bookkeeper, I think I'd need to sleep for the remainder of April.... ;)

Maureen said...

Lovely work - that heart is gorgeous

as for your guilty pleasure - only 10 a day - that is quite restrained I would say !!

Carol R said...

Just happened on your blog - pretty ornaments

Anonymous said...

All three of your finishes are very pretty! Congratulations on your finishes. My guilty pleasure is at least two peanut butter cups a day...:)

Sonda said...

Looks great. I especially like the heart...thanks for the link!

Sachiko said...

Your stitches are so beautiful!!