Friday, March 07, 2008

My First Pinkeep!


I have finally put together my first pinkeep. I decided to start with something small. I really like the way it turned out. So, I will probably do some more in the future. :-)

Design: Littles - Bunny
Designer: Bent Creek
Fabric: 28 ct. ivory linen

Threads: WDW & GAST. Made my bunny darker than what pattern called for and changed the yellow background to a different yellow. I also used black petite beads for the eyes.


My second piece is my first piece for my Bride's Tree SAL. The theme for the first month is House - shelter/protection. So, I chose this:

Design: Christmas Eve
Designer: Brightneedle
Book: Small Samplings
Fabric: A 28 ct. blueish/grey with a hint of green scrap I had. Stitched over one.
Threads: WDW & DMC
The pattern called for petite yellowish gold beads along trim of house. But, when I put the beads on they looked huge and gaudy. So, I removed them and liked it much better.

Not much other stitching going on right now. Been very busy with work. Hopefully more soon.

12 comments:

Meari said...

They turned out nice, Jinger.

Vonna said...

Oh you did such a gorgeous job of it! It's precious! And I love your ornament too! SPARKLY!!! Perfect for a tree :)

Irene said...

Both look terrific !!

Katrina said...

Congrats on the finishes, the pinkeep and ornament are both gorgeous.

Lee said...

Nice finishes! I'll bet you become addicted to finishing pinkeeps!

Carla said...

you did a wonderful job on your first pinkeep...it looks fantastic!!!
The house ornie looks great too!!

Barbara said...

I like the BC better w/o the beads, too. And your first pinkeep is a total success - GREAT job!!

Mylene said...

Your first pinkeep turned out great. Well done!
Ornament looks wonderful.

Sonda in OR said...

They both look lovely! Way to go!

nopainforcakes... said...

Congrats on the finishes - they are looking great!

Ranae said...

Congrats!!
Beautiful finishes.

Sharon said...

Jinger they are both wonderful! Great job with the pinkeep and I love the ornament! Congrats.