Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cancer Update!

A HUGE thanks to all of you for your kind words. They have been such a comfort.

My dad finally called me this weekend and told me. It was told in a very off hand way in the middle of the conversation. From what I could get out of him...the doctors don't want to do any treatments due to his age, but also told him he could live to be a hundred. He told me he has lived a good long life and isn't worried about it. Hopefully he will have many good years to come.

One good thing about this week...my best friend came to spend several days with me. We don't get to see each other often since I live in Florida and she lives in Chicago, but it is always wonderful when we do. It was great to spend time with her and laugh and relax after months of stress.

Still haven't stitched anything!

6 comments:

Stitchy Princess said...

((Hugs)) for you and your dad.

I hope you had a lovely time with your friend!

Sharon said...

Glad to hear he told you and I hope he does well! Take care Jinger!

Anonymous said...

Glad he told you and you had a good time with your friend :)

Stitch Wizard said...

Hugs to you with everything you have been dealing with! I am so sorry about your dad but glad he has a good attitude about it all! I too had some terrible jobs that I just wanted to leave a note or put the keys in a drop box, but I finally got to leave. That was several years ago. I hope you are feeling better and thank you for your kind words in my blog! Debby :)

Katrina said...

Glad your dad told you himself! It's so nice to have a good friend visit and it sounds like you needed a nice time.

Von said...

I'm glad you talked with your dad about the cancer. It's always scary to hear that diagnosis, but it's not always too bad. My dad has a very rare form of blood cancer, but his doc says he'll probably die of something else years from now. As long as he manages his stress well, the symptoms of the cancer stay under control.

Hugs to you both!