Life here has been super busy. My son graduated from high school last month and is all in preparation to start college. He goes to orientation next week and starts classes in late August. But, boy was May a whirlwind!
I did manage, since my last posting, to complete a piece. Here it is....
Design: Promise Me
Designer: Lizzie Kate
Fabric: a scrap piece of 28ct ivory linen
Called for My color choice Location
GAST Wood Trail CC Portabella Lines 1 & 3
WDW Cocoa GAST Mountain Mist Lines 2 & 4
WDW Whiskey GAST Gold Leaf all gold/yellow
GAST Antique Rose WDW Red Pear all pink
GAST Endive WDW Scuppernong all green
WDW Cocoa GAST Nutmeg owl & bird branch
GAST Wood Trail GAST Toasted Barley owl branch
WDW Blue Heron GAST Blue Jay bird
WDW Pecan WDW Pelican Gray basket
- Used my initials & small hearts in place of large heart - upper right corner
- Did not stitch the called for blue stitches on the green clovers - lower right
- Stitched some small hearts to "fill in" - lower right
- Added date - lower right
I started stitching on Raise the Roof's Nautical Fence during our "Graduation Trip". I didn't get much accomplished, so I will not bore you with a shot of that. We were much too busy and when I did sit down, I was much too tired to pick up a needle.
I am still stitching away on my train project. I am hoping to have it done this year. One stitch at a time, right?!!!
Here are my latest movie thoughts:
- Iron Man 3 - The first time I saw this movie, I wasn't sure what to think. It went in such a different direction than I thought it would, that I just really needed to sit back and process it for a while. Upon second viewing, I must say that I really, really enjoyed it tremendously. Let me just say...the trailers misled me completely.
- Star Trek Into Darkness - I thoroughly enjoyed it. A great sequel to the first movie.
Well, off to do some stitching or enjoy the summer or catch a movie. So, grab a glass of sweet tea, or a margarita or whatever tickles your fancy and enjoy your summer!!!