Oh, my gosh! I won! I won! I won! I can't believe it! Tanya of The Sampler Girl had a drawing on her blog for anyone that stitched her freebie design "Eat, Drink and Be Scary" and sent her a picture by Oct. 8th. And...I actually won! I was able to pick 2 designs of hers for winning! I can't wait for them to arrive. I will post a picture of my choices once they arrive! :-)
I signed up for a PIF on Janaina's blog and so I am Paying it Forward to the first 3 people that comment they are interested on this post. I will send you something stitched by me within the next 365 days, but you have to make the same offer on your blog and continuing Paying it Forward!
I haven't done much stitching the past week because I have been painting my son's bathroom and new bedroom. He has decided to move from his old room into one of the other rooms in the house. The old room had a large picture window in it and since Hurricane Ivan took out the large oak tree in front of it the sun has been beating into that room each morning waking him bright and early and making his room about 10 degrees warmer than the other rooms in the house. So...time for a change. I will post pictures once he gets his room set up the way he wants. Be prepared though...he picked orange for the color!!! But, really, it's not as bad as you might think. It's a dark pumpkin color, not a bright orange.
Recent movie thoughts:
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua - Cute
- Fireproof - a very good movie with a strong Christian basis. Deals with love and the difficulties of marriage and trying to continue to make it work. Made by the same people that made "Facing the Giants"
- Ghost Town - OK, not great. Parts were very funny, but I expected more. No chemistry between two main characters. At least in my opinion.
- The Longshots - Good family movie. Based on a true story.
- Nights in Rodanthe - Very good. Of course, it's Nicholas Sparks, so bring the tissues. Quite a few differences from the book, but still very good.
- Eagle Eye - Very good political thriller!