Sunday, July 02, 2006

Stitching and movies

I finally sat down and stitched some this week, something I haven't had much of a chance to do in the last month or so. I didn't complete anything, but at least I made some progress on a couple of projects. I even picked up "The Holiday Express" that I have been stitching on for 3 years now. I have made a grid on the pattern and if I can complete a grid a week (my goal), I should have it finished around Thanksgiving time! Just in time to get it framed for my hubby for Christmas!

About 6 weks ago I resigned from my job. While this is good for me in many ways the lack of funds has made me not only readjust my budget, but has made me realize that I won't be making many purchases of cross-stitch supplies for my stash! :( Oh well, guess I will just have to strongly hint for gift certificates at Christmas time!

I am a big movie fan and just had to make some movie comments. Here are some recommendations from a recent rental and recent trips to the theater:

"The Lake House" - loved it!!! Great chic flick.
"RV" - absolutely hilarious!
"Cars" - another great Disney/Pixar movie!
"Flightplan" - great rental. Keeps you guessing.

Hope to post picture of BIG finish soon.

No comments: